The COVID-19 epidemic has affected everyone and all industries, especially those in the fitness industry. Fitness facility closures have affected millions of adults this year, forcing many to discover new ways to stay active at home. Therefore, it is not surprising that online physical training hhas become the new fitness trend for 2021, and more than 10,000 health and fitness professionals have recognized the opportunity.
In fact, online fitness classes are now one of the fastest growing segments of the fitness industry. Most fitness experts take virtual classes to stay in touch with their clients and to help them maintain a work-life balance while sitting at home. Exercise is more vital than ever to our emotional and physical health, and online fitness training is a fantastic platform for everyone during this pandemic.
Tips for Getting the Most Out of Online Fitness Classes
If you are thinking of participating in an online fitness class or already taking one, here are some helpful tips from fitness and nutrition expert Hasti Singh, founder of Hasti Transformation Fitness Center, Punjabi Bagh, New Delhi.
- Choose a space with good acoustics, a lower ceiling, and seating, curtains, and other furniture. Also make sure the area is clean.
- Make sure your camera is properly framed as your sports coach should see your positions as well as the correct postures during your exercise.
- Natural light is the best, and make sure the light is coming from behind the camera and shining directly on you so you can be seen.
- Do not post your meeting link on your website or in public forums like social media. To prevent unauthorized guests from showing up, only share it in closed forums where you know everyone or one-on-one.
- Connect with your fitness trainer in real time so they can check your proper movements, which can help you make corrections in real time.
- Determine your music preferences and create playlists, but always keep the volume slow so you can hear instructions from your fitness trainer.
“It’s easy to get overwhelmed by the number of fitness options available. These simple tips will help you start or maintain a fitness routine, ”said Singh, who had represented India in various national and international bodybuilding and wrestling championships and became Mr. India 2016.
Benefits of online fitness classes during the pandemic
Due to the lockdown and restrictions brought on by the pandemic, many of us are staying at home most of the time, which means sitting down more than usual. But it’s very important that we try to stay as active as possible at a time like this. Physical activity is a method of taking care of yourself physically, psychologically, emotionally, and (if you are in a group fitness class) socially as the COVID-19 pandemic continues.
“Regular physical activity is good for the body and the mind. It can lower high blood pressure, help manage weight, and reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and various cancers – all conditions that can increase susceptibility to COVID-19. Regular physical activity can help give our days a routine and be a way to stay in touch with family and friends, ”says the World Health Organization (WHO).
It may not be possible to do the kind of exercise we normally do at home, but there are a variety of home activities you can choose from to maintain your doctor and mental health during this stressful time. . You can try indoor cycling, treadmill running, cardio dancing, yoga, weight training and more.
Posted: Jun 7, 2021 9:41 AM | Update: June 7, 2021 at 9:59 a.m.